Google

2016/09/13

BotB Sound Visualiser ver.7 - openFramework 0.9.3 version

BotB Sound Visualiser ver.7 - openFramework 0.9.3 version from Peach_man on Vimeo.

[Updated framework of my VJ software]
I’m using openFrameworks as my VJ software’s framework (I really love to use it). I might get a chance to use 2 projectors at the same event in the near future. Then, I’ve felt that want to project 2 different images through 2 projectors. I searched Internet that which way would be the best solution for my desire. I’ve found the latest openFrameworks has multi window function. So, I’ve decided to update current openFrameworks 0.8.4 to the latest openFrameworks 0.9.3. Yes, had to beyond the MAJOR update.

Transferring my current source code into the latest openFrameworks has taken several hours but when I run my app on the new openFrameworks, I’ve got some strange symptoms (yes, not ERROR. My source code had been compiled successfully). FPS (Frame per Seconds) had significantly dropped down when I've changed drawing mode of my app. Furthermore, it had only happened when my app using full screen. Very strange. I've checked update change log in openFrameworks Web site, but there was nothing that I've expected.

I’ve spent Sunday for fixing the problem. Finally, I’ve found the cause. Getting screen size function caused the symptom. Calling the function 1 time at a moment was no problem but calling it many times (ex: 10,000 times LoL), the symptom had happened. Yes, calling 10,000 times might seems a heavy task to you, programmers but in 0.8.4 had no problem LoL

I’m spending 3 days for updating and revising the details of program. It’s fun except when I’m getting strange error LoL.

Nincsenek megjegyzések: