Google

2021/03/29

Future Music - Episode 7: VJ VIX - Work in Progress

Future Music - Episode 7: VJ VIX - Work in Progress from victoria gibson on Vimeo.

Future Music Episode 7 - VJ VIX, Work in Progress. My goal in creating the Future Music Series is to be able to stream a reasonably accurate version of my live show. My live shows feature real time control of visual projections while I am creating the soundtrack with Ableton Live on the same computer. I usually play guitar and sing into Ableton, and trigger pre-recorded samples. My show, "Sound Seed: Tribute to Pauline Oliveros" documented elsewhere on my Vimeo channel, is the best example of this type of performance. My challenge with Future Music Online Series, is to stream this complex setup so it can be enjoyed on the internet. My mandate with this series is to show work in progress because I have a tendency to be a perfectionist, so it takes me a long time to release work. Episode 7 is an actual recorded stream, so there are places where the sound doesn't work properly etc. However, I have to put something out every week and this is where I am after a week of work. I am joyous that I have achieved some success and that the audio from my show is streaming. However, I still have to smooth out the process of changing shows, usually I have stayed on one show, so this is a new experience. Moving the audio from sharing media content, to not sharing, is causing issues with my mic being turned off. Good thing I am a technician! Tune in to Episode 8 to see how much I can improve in one week . . .

Nincsenek megjegyzések: