Google

2009/12/30

Capture-AV Test Song

Capture-AV Test Song from Marek Bereza on Vimeo.
This is a quick composition I made on my macbook with the internal camera and microphone to demo my new program.
UPDATE: get the mac version here: mrkbrz.com/captureav/
So, originally, I wrote this sampler program which you can sample your sounds very quickly (it's here: wikid.co.uk/capture/ ). Basically, you press the key you want to sample onto and then it starts recording until you let go of the key. Then I built on this program in openFrameworks to create a video version, from where this video came.
The fun bit is how you deal with video polyphony. Do you blend the videos, put them 4 up 3 up 9 up etc. So I made a bunch of options which you can switch between with MIDI.
You can program and sequence it with MIDI, export video as a bmp image sequence, the audio files it saves can be loaded as a sampler instrument in Logic (gigasampler files). If anyone's interested in using it let me know I'll send you a copy. More (better) stuff soon!

Nincsenek megjegyzések: