Google

2018/02/28

PotterDraw: Sea Creature vase

PotterDraw: Sea Creature vase from Chris Korda on Vimeo.

Sea creature vase, inspired by the strange jellyfish I've been reading about in "The Ancestor's Tale." This animation was generated via my pottery design software, PotterDraw. The complex motion results from modulating two mesh properties at different frequencies, so that the two modulations shift phase (or "drift") relative to each other. This is the visual equivalent of what's called polymeter in music: the use of multiple prime meters simultaneously, as opposed to alternating between them. It's a major theme in my art. Much of my electronic music was created using custom composition tools that made it easier to conceptualize and compose in polymeter. My VJ software applications (Whorld, FFRend, Triplight) are also designed to maximize the use of phase drift.

Nincsenek megjegyzések: