Google

2010/01/14

lego_man (Bruxelles)

' VJ LEGOMAN (Yannick Jacquet)
With a background in graphic design and a passion for electronical music and digital melodies, I’ve been involved in VJing since the end of the year 2003. This activity allows me to combine my two passions: music and graphic design. My aim is to create live an osmosis of the music and the visuals.
My sets are in constant evolution. 98% of what I usually mix is made up of my creations, which become enriched weekly. I try to diversify my video sessions in different graphic types but keep my own style.
In parallel to my live Vjing performances, I also work on the conception of audiovisual installations.
My inspiration comes from various artistic movements; from animation movies to web-design, from Russian constructivism to music videos, from experimental cinema to graffiti.
I like to explore original techniques to leave the traditional projection on a 4x3 screen. For example, by using several projectors, other sizes of screens (square, very elongated, vertical etc.), 3-dimentional supports (buildings, statues etc.) or by playing with transparencies (screens out of mosquito nets, tile, plastic etc.). I can adapt my installations to the architecture and to the restricting issues of the place I’m playing in for every event.
I’ve had the occasion to present my work in Switzerland, France, Belgium, USA, England, Germany, Nederlands, Poland and Czech Republic at various workshops, parties, concerts and festivals.
I was resident VJ at the club le Zoo of l’Usine in Geneva from November 2004 to February 2006. I played there approximately twice per month. This concert hall, thanks to its program planners, has developed an excellent reputation in Europe for its active promotion of VJing, in particular with the organization of the well-known “Mapping Festival”. I continue to perform there occasionally.
I’m also participating in several dancefloor and experimental audiovisual projects with the Geneva based team Audioactivity, which I belong to. "

3Destruct @ biennale d'art contemporain de louvain la neuve from lego_man on Vimeo.
“3Destruct”
Audiovisual installation
Biennale d'art contemporain de Louvain-la-Neuve
15.05.07 > 17.06.07
Videos :
Lego_man (Yannick Jacquet)
Jérémie Peeters
Sound :
Thomas Vaquié

AntiVJ in Breda - TV Report from lego_man on Vimeo.
Here's a short TV report of the performance we did in the cathedral of Breda, on the 23rd of January 09.
Full video report and details soon on antivj.com

AntiVJ in Breda - short Report from lego_man on Vimeo.
Here's a short report of the performance we did in the cathedral of Breda, on the 23rd of January 09.
details on antivj.com
ANTIVJ is a visual label.
Visual artists:
Yannick Jacquet (Legoman)
Joanie Lemercier (crustea)
Romain Tardy (Aalto)
Olivier Ratsi (Emovie)_________________________________________
Music composed by Thomas Vaquié
Light design by Giacinto Caponio
Organ played by Gerard Maters
Special thanks to Simone Dresens & Dennis Elbers

Nincsenek megjegyzések: