Google

2012/01/04

Beat loops in Modul8


Beat loops in Modul8 from instructions on Vimeo.
How to make images and video move to the beat in Modul8.
These are the modules I'm using:
- (at) BPM (Global) by Andy Teasdale (I use this one instead of the default BPM (Global) module from Garagecube).
- BPM Router (layer)
I think I made up the fact that Andy Teasdale lives in London, sorry about that.
A repeated question is how long the video clip should be. I use clips between 2-8 seconds. You have to test how your clip will work with the kind of music you are performing to. You might want to have the option to make it both fast and slow. If the clip is too short it will get really choppy when you play it slow (4/1 beat). And if you make it too long you might have problem making it fast enough for your fastest speeds (1/4 & 1/8 beat). If you normally perform to a certain kind of music it could be an idea to cut your clip to that kind of music to get the feeling for the right length.
I use the Photo JPG codec at 75% quality for my video clips.
The music track is called "You-boat" and is made by my buddy Johan Afterglow. Get it here:
beatport.com/track/you-boat-original-deep-tech-house-mix/3051372
Watch my tutorials channel on Vimeo: vimeo.com/channels/tmttutorials

Nincsenek megjegyzések: