Google

2013/02/16

Return of the WIGGLE - Part II


↵ Use original player
Vimeo
← Replay
X
i

Return of the WIGGLE - Part II from Switzon S. Wigfall, III on Vimeo.
Yes! I just had to do it...."again" lol...

So basically I became obsessed and fell in love even more awhile ago with geometry and geometric shapes in general. After awhile I realized that I wanted to take the "wiggling" animation to the next level. My inner twelve-year old boy curiosity led me to learn about projection animations, projection mapping, and geometric shape animation studies. I started having so much fun that I just had to make this project bigger than it was intended, so I brought on three of my friends who were not only family to me but were also out of my top 10 of creative partners that I have enjoyed working with over the years: which led to an amazing collaboration amongst creative powerful minds. Allow me to "re-introduce" ourselves, our names are:

SWITZON S. WIGFALL, III aka "SSWIII" (me) - ANIMATION / CREATIVE DIRECTION
Portfolio - http://www.switzonwigfall.com
Facebook - http://on.fb.me/VjB30G

ALEX SIERRA - CINEMATOGRAPHY / PHOTOGRAPHY / VIDEO EDITOR
Portfolio - http://www.alexsierraphoto.com
Facebook - http://on.fb.me/YdHgZ5

JOHN GRISSOM aka "Hekontrolls" - MUSIC / ELECTRONICA PRODUCER
Song - "Acid drops"
Soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/hekontrolls
Facebook - http://on.fb.me/XCGjtB

CHIOKE BROWN - CINEMATOGRAPHER / PHOTOGRAPHER
http://www.cyclopediacreativemedia.com
Facebook - http://on.fb.me/VYgG6K

I couldn't have done it without these guys. Check them out and give them a shout. There not only 3 amazing bad ass creative souls, but there my "good friends"!

..................I think I will do more projects like these lol. This was fun!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

About the "Wiggle" Command in AE | BASIC (in general):

Rather than adding several random keyframes for certain properties to animate your objects like: "rotation", "scale", "opacity" and so on, a much faster and more flexible way to do that is to use a Wiggle expression (plugging in a set of numbers), which automatically creates the animation in your objects for you.


About the "Wiggle" Command in AE | (MORE IN GENERAL)

Wiggle allows you add randomness to a property of a layer. For example you can cause a jittery chaotic motion to a layer by applying the wiggle expression to the Position property of a layer. To create the wiggle expression Command+Click on the layer property stopwatch and enter the formula wiggle(freq, amp ,octave). The elements of the expression represent how the wiggle will be calculated. [an error occurred while processing this directive]For this discussion, open After Effects, create a New Composition, and create a 200 pixel by 200 pixel solid. With the solid layer selected in the Timeline, press the P key to display the Position property for the layer. Command+Click (Alt+Click in Windows) the Stopwatch Icon, and in the expression window add the expression wiggle(15, 50, 1).

Frequency defines how many wiggles happen each second. In this case 15 wiggles are happening every second, or every other frame.

Amp is calculated in units of the property for which it is applied. In our example, since we are applying the expression to the position property, 50 says that the layer can move 50 pixels in any direction.
The final value, Octave is the level of detail the wiggle should have. It should be noted that you don’t have to use this third value in your expression. If you do not include it, After Effects will use the default value of 1 will be applied. So the expression could actually be written wiggle(15,50).

There are also plenty more tutorials on how to create the "wiggling" command expression in your animations for After Effects. Here are a few and enjoy!
- vimeo.com/45575790
- youtube.com/watch?v=KKYK2eEMaWo&feature=related
- youtube.com/watch?v=nFn64hPokXo

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thank you world for tuning in. This is just the "beginning" :)

Nincsenek megjegyzések: