Google

2009/02/23

VJ Bandit

Nick Benidt vagyis VJ Bandit montreali ifju, aki a Concordia University fílmszakán végzett. Így beszél magáról:

" After finishing my studies at Concordia University’s Film Production Program, I have been able to stand out from other VJ’s in the club scene by using grainy Home Movie footage and found footage. A collector of 8mm, Super 8mm and 16mm found footage, I transfer these images to digital in my apartment through a home-made style telecine technique. My bank of images consists of a blend of old 8mm clips, shiny new digital graphics, sampled images, and small format digital media that I’ve shot on various consumer cameras. In the age of high resolution images, I appreciate the imperfection and aesthetic of consumer video technology, as well as the spontaneity of creation for which the form lends itself. Constantly shooting and collecting images, I try to bring forth new material to each live performance.
Like all VJ’s I sample clips from pre-existing films, and use digital graphics uploaded onto VJ forums. But I also have a working knowledge of celluloid imagery, and love for the form.
I started VJing at Projekt Underdog’s underground techno parties, for which I gained experience in the scene and knowledge of my art. But my life long love of music has led me to mix with music of all genres.
I have bridged into Montreal’s well known indie-rock scene by providing visuals for one of the cities most talented up-and-coming ‘classical rock’ bands, Sweet Mother Logic. With them I’ve been part of ambitious projects like Jehova’s 3D Mega Party, a Live Puppet Show with 3D visuals (red-blue glasses given at the door) and Quebecois folk tales being narrated by a Hobo tramp in costume throughout the show. This extravaganza was part of the Pop Montreal music festival in collaboration with the Fine Arts department at Concordia University. In addition, Sweet Mother Logic featuring VJ Bandit has performed at the most saught after venues in Montreal, including Casa Del Popolo, La Sala Rossa and O Patro Vys.
As a club VJ I’ve performed at some of the most prestigious venues in Montreal, including S.A.T., Opera, Stereobar, Salon Daome, and Circus Afterhours. And with some of the worlds A-List DJ’s, such as Ferry Corsten, Dirty South, DJ Preach, and Eric Entrena. With over 50 shows in less than a years time, and 250 hours of live mixing under my belt. I have recently been approved to be the subject of a Master’s Thesis dissertation from Concordia University’s Film Studies program. When I’m not VJing I make abstract experimental films and videos. "

Techno FM interview with VJ Bandit from Nick Benidt (VJ Bandit) on Vimeo.
This is a segment of a television show my friends at Techno FM made called Showcase. Ben Jackson of Pablo Pictures did the editing.
For more information on this pilot episode go to:
pablopictures.com/techno.html
The interview was shot in July 2008.
Music in the interview by Gr0J
myspace.com/Gr0J

Sweet Mother Logic & VJ Bandit Live @ Oscar Peterson Hall from Nick Benidt (VJ Bandit) on Vimeo.
This was one of the two songs we played during our very short set at a charity event for the Heart and Stroke Foundation in Quebec. Everyone was wearing red that night because of the cause, so I tinted a lot of the videos red.
'Counting Sheep' is unreleased at the moment.
myspace.com/sweetmotherlogic

Rainy Days from Nick Benidt (VJ Bandit) on Vimeo.
Ben and I made this video in San Antonio De Los Banos, Cuba. January, 2009. Shot on HDV, edited on Modul8.

Nincsenek megjegyzések: