Google

2008/08/23

SubliminalTV (UK)


subliminalTV - part 3 - oneyes from subliminalTV on Vimeo.
" I’m interested in the idea of visual material seeming somehow symbolic, without actually symbolising anything. This has led me to develop (unsurprisingly) an interest in symbols - I’ve accumulated quite a library of books of/about them (my favorite is ‘Symbol Sourcebook’ by Henry Dreyfuss). All the symbols used here were literally scanned in by hand, which took weeks. Although this is a bit crazy, I like the idea of a hand-made film put together a frame at a time… "


subliminalTV - part 10 - super secret submarines from subliminalTV on Vimeo.
" Another strange concoction of stuff from all over the place. There’s a bit of a tunnel thing going on here, to do with forgotten or forbidden places, and the dankness and darkness of underground places. The key ‘locations’ are the Kiev metro, a wind-tunnel built to test V2 rockets in Berlin, an abandoned submarine factory in Crimea, and Pripyat, which is an abandoned city right next to the Chernobyl reactor (what can I say, I holiday in strange places), but there are little bits of stolen footage in here too, though usually only one or two frames at a time! "

Nincsenek megjegyzések: