Google

2010/04/07

VJ Bandit's- Alice in Wonderland

VJ Bandit's- Alice in Wonderland from Nick Benidt (VJ Bandit) on Vimeo.
" Often times my inspiration comes from surfing the web for old footage. This week I came upon two very early adaptations of Alice in Wonderland on archive.org
I downloaded these movies on Wednesday night. Thursday afternoon I called up my buddy Hakim Guelmi and asked him if he could mix a few tracks together that I had bought on beatport to use as a soundtrack for Alice...so I went over to his place and we brainstormed on which 4 or 5 tracks to use for the mix.
This was the first time I selected tracks that I wanted mixed for a soundtrack. I usually use pre-existing DJ mixes or tracks. But for this one I was on Beatport looking for some imaginative, 'Down-the-rabbit-hole' sounds.
Parts of the video were edited live using Modul8, the rest was done in Final Cut.
Made Thursday April 1st and Friday the 2nd.
Special thanks to Hakim Guelmi and Matt Bran for their good taste in music :)
You can catch Hakim Guelmi and I mixing together- Wednesday April 7th at Salon Daome, and Friday April 9th at Circus Afterhours.
Film Info:
The decayed black and white footage is from British filmmaker Cecil M. Hepworth's 1903 'Alice in Wonderland' (Made two years before his groundbreaking film 'Rescued by Rover')
The color tinted footage is from the 1915 version of 'Alice in Wonderland' directed by W.W. Young
Music Mixed by Hakim Guelmi
facebook.com/hakimguelmi
soundcloud.com/hakim-guelmi
Track List:
Chazz - Original Mix- Mathias Kaden
Lights Out-Original Mix- Scuba
Butterfly Girl-Sten Version
Slapback – Rekleiner (Hemmann & Kaden Remix)
Babert - Alice In Wonderland "

Nincsenek megjegyzések: